Sunday, May 31, 2015

Life Unlimited Blog Post 9 First week of Documentaries

Last week during memorial day week we began showing off the fruits of our labor in the form of various documentaries that I gotta say make me wish that I had thought of some ideas that other groups had. Most of the themes didn't really surprise me while I others blew my mind because I forgot that certain things happened in the book. I'm just happy that I had finished the book this week so that I could view the documentary while being able to make the connections to the book. The documentary that our group decided to do was one on the topic of music and life which had ranged from how a composer views music, a philosopher views music and our mentor Chris who we used to represent just a person who you could run into on the street. I thought that our interviews were interesting although when I watched the full documentary I overlooked things because I was a bit tired, so things that should have been in there had been forgotten. One thing that should have been done like the wording of the questions before we had asked them because our audio was questionable due to this one crow outside that would not stop squawking which would have cleared up some things. I also think that I should have done a voice over or a scene about how our film connected to Orfeo like most of the other documentary did. Although our documentary was kind of aimed at those who had read the book we should have made it for anyone. A good documentary which was the first one which I think was the best so far was the one about the Fourth Amendment. I had forgotten about the scene where Peter Els's home is raided for his DIY Bio kit which is actually a big scene in the book which leads to him going on the run. The documentary was well done with a clean edit and some very interesting people being interviewed including a professor from PSU. My group had tried to get a Professor but had failed to because we had not gotten a response back. The coolest thing was the animation that was included in the film it was something that made it not only unique, but had not been expected which I think every documentary should have had. A documentary I didn't think was as interesting was the one about what peoples favorite music was and how it made them feel. When I was watching it I was kinda bored and didn't see a much of a connection to the book other than people like music and that music was a theme. My problem with it was that it was the same question over and over which a lot of other groups did, but they would eventually ask like an expert and had done an interesting topic. I'm sure that that group did a lot of hard work and I'm not saying that it was bad it looked great and did better in some areas than what we had done I just wish that it had a bit of variance. Those are just some of my thoughts of the documentaries so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment