Sunday, May 24, 2015

Life Unlimited Post 8 Book Stuff

This is my blog post right before memorial day I believe so no class tomorrow and I'm not sure why I am leading with that. I wanted to use this blog post to talk about Orfeo and the cool discussion we had in class on I think it was Monday. I had not finished the book at the time and I am still not finished with the book and I am currently trying to power through it because I had bought the book and while it is a hard read I find it has its moments. The discussion we had enlightened me about some of the meanings behind what he had tweeted and that last paragraph which I was assigned made me think about how we all have interpreted the reading. I mainly wanted to talk about what my partner had said to the class about our passage. The paragraph was on page 369, "When she nods, even a little, you'll head to the door and through it. Run out into a place fresh and green and alert again to whole new dangers. You'll keep moving, vivace, as far as you can get, your bud vial high, like a conductor readying his baton to cue something luckier than anyone supposes. Downbeat of a little infinity. And at last you will hear how this piece goes.". I found this to be both profound and really, really, really confusing because I hadn't finished the book yet.  My partner and I had taken the twenty minutes to break it down and we came up with several things about the passage. The first sentence we figured was talking about his daughter nodding as Els is walking out the door as the authorities surround her home in search of Els. We found that from the phrasing that it sounded like the end of the story was trying to end on a high note as if he has accepted his fate. The next sentence also alludes to this as he mentions that he feels like he is running to a new fresher place excited to move on with his life which is strange because it took him about 70 years to realize his place in the world and to accept it himself. It goes on to talk about how he or in this case he says you as if the story is being told to another person within the story will run until they have no where else to go excited like a conductor preparing to present a piece with his orchestra. This could be in reference to new beginnings and how they are exciting as they are new and when we have on we feel refreshed and ready to face the world. The next part the "Downbeat of a little infinity" I thought was a reference to how we can't be perfect or immortal, but we can come close by being with the ones closest too us and being remembered by them like his daughter possibly. The last part about hearing the piece could be in reference to his life and how you can only understand it when he is dead or how he has come to an understanding that his life was already perfect and that he didn't need to be famous to have that immortality he so desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment